IELTS Reading Courses And Classes
Getting a 7+ band in IELTS seems challenging? Searching for the right online coaching to ace IELTS Reading?
Don’t take stress to score well in the IELTS Reading paper. Our IELTSonline Reading preparation program has been styled to help you score higher. All your questions about how to prepare, how many words should I know, do I have the ability to improve my result, what is the best way to prepare for IELTS reading, will be answered satisfactorily in our IELTS online classes. And what makes it even better is that you can do it all from the comfort of your home. Get trained in strategies, skills and ninja level tactics required to achieve the desired score level. Drop whatever you are doing and click to try out our free demo class now!
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) determines your English language proficiency. It uses a nine band scale to measure your competence. English speaking countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK and the US accept the results of this test. An excellent band is your ticket to getting admitted to a foreign university of your choice or work abroad.
Are there different types of IELTS?
IELTS is available as
Academic : for those who intend to apply for higher education and professional registration.
General training: for those wishing to migrate to Canada, Australia and the UK. It is also meant for those who want to apply for secondary education , training programs and work experience in English speaking countries.
What is the IELTS test format?
It tests your grasp over the four language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Listening and Speaking are the same for both tests, but the subject matter of the Reading and Writing sections differs depending on which test you take, Academic or General Training.
What is the IELTS Reading test?
- Duration : 60 minutes
- Section: 3 reading passages
- Number of Questions: 40
- Types of Questions: MCQs, Identifying Information, Matching Information, Note Completion, Short Answer Questions among others.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark per question
- Texts from newspapers, magazines, journals are taken on topics of general interest.
- Criteria for assessment: Recognising and understanding the information to answer the questions.
General Training Reading :
- Duration : 60 minutes
- Section: 3 sections with short passages in Section 1, two passages in Section 2 and one long passage in Section 3
- Number of Questions: 40
- Types of Questions: MCQs, Identifying Information, Matching Information, Summary Completion, Identifying Writer’s views,Note Completion, Short Answer Questions among others.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark per question
- Criteria for Assessment: the understanding of the text with all the points involved and recognising all the views/ details provided in the text to answer the questions
Reading is a tough section to crack in IELTS as even though many candidates come from English medium education, the standard of English language is quite high in IELTS Reading test. All sections of the Reading test get equal focus in our IELTS Reading coaching classes. Focus and techniques necessary to take the test is imparted. All this is provided with pocket friendly IELTS coaching fees.
With our intensive and regular IELTS coaching courses, you get access to highly qualified tutors. The resources offered are in collaboration with international publication houses who provide top grade study materials. Keeping in mind the variations in learning difficulties and requirements, the modules are personalised and modified. You can access them without having to step out to an IELTS coaching centre near you.
Online IELTS Reading classes work on three essential skills:
- Skimming for information: involves going through the passage given to know what it is about. Noticing the important words and phrases given is part of this skill.
- Understanding the text: comprehending the precise information provided and figuring out the meanings and connotations of the words gets covered in this skill.
- Deploying the right procedure: figuring out what plan of action and technique is needed to deal with each type of Reading test question and answering them gets to be the next focal point.
Don’t waste time and lag behind ! Sign up for early bird discounts!
What do our IELTS Online Classes include?
- Personalised and Self paced study plans: modules have been devised for different learning durations. You might intend for a long term study plan or a short prep course. We design them as per your needs.
- Conceptual Learning: along with learning the concepts ,there will be clarity about how they are linked and how they will be tested. You will be equipped to handle the challenges of the examination and be better informed. Get the perfect IELTS training at home!
- Audio-Video Aids: since the tests use technology to test the candidates, we have assembled the latest animations, audio files and videos to make you comfortable with the test format and support learning and retention.
- English Native and non native speakers faculty: get instructed from both types of faculties or choose one you are comfortable with. The professional trainers ensure effective learning.
- Well researched and high grade study material: constant upgrading of the learning resources and collaboration with international publishers ensure better preparation and commendable results.
- Constant and comprehensive evaluation: every module, each class is thoroughly assessed to gauge your learning. The evaluation criteria is explained and discussed. Personalised remedial measures are devised and taken accordingly.
- Customised prep courses: there are modules for each section as well as combined preparatory courses. Take up classes based on your understanding of your previous knowledge and learning. No compulsion to pay for what you don’t want.
All learning happens through Live online classes and online activities. Speak with your instructor about your requirements and the course will be designed based on your schedule.
It is a remarkably easy procedure. Check the tutor listings and the courses offered. Decide on your classes. Fill up the enrollment form. Pay the course fee and let your learning begin.
It is an hour-long test. It includes the time for reading, comprehending and writing your answers.
There are three passages given per test for Academic Reading. They can be extracts from magazines, articles, books, etc. For General Training 3 sections with short passages in Section 1, two passages in Section 2 and one long passage in Section 3 will be given.
You will have to choose either Academic Reading or General Training. Just like you will have to decide on your IELTS Writing test. For assistance regarding this get in touch with our support team.
There are 40 questions in the IELTS Reading test.
This course will improve your test awareness, understand the exam format and develop strategies for taking the test. You will be advised about the assessment criteria of the IELTS Reading test. Your grammar and vocabulary will be built to attempt the test. You will also access online activities for Reading sections of the test on the app.
There is no other way to success than constant practice and complete dedication along with guidance from our proficient faculty and top of the line study material.
There will be different homework assignments based on an individual’s learning curve. There will be practice tests, watching videos, reading articles, etc. based on topics given to you by the trainer.
Once you register with Edulyte, you will have access to all information and resources through our app. Also check your email account registered with us for updates and latest notifications.
We leave that to you. Depending on your schedules and improvement required in Reading skill, you can allocate time for your self study. We recommend at least 45 minutes each day for self study for Reading skill
For taking the IELTS Exam, your minimum age should be at least 16 years & you must have a valid passport.
Edulyte believes that education should be accessible to anyone willing to learn, be it a student, a professional or a homemaker. If you are one such individual come aboard and benefit from our expertise and offers.
- Analysing while reading to get precise answers
- Development of vocabulary
- Intense reading techniques and time management
- Differentiating between ‘yes’, ‘no’, and ‘not given’ answers
- Understand the IELTS reading test and types of questions
Yes, we have different modules for different requirements. Go through our packages and select the one that suits you.
We advise you to stay committed to your schedule to avoid any disruption in learning. In case you are not able to attend a scheduled class, please inform your instructor beforehand. You both can then decide when to have the cancelled class.
You can join our coaching whether you are going to take the paper-based or computer-based tests.
Our teaching faculty comes from diverse backgrounds and impressive teaching experiences. This enables them to help learners with different needs. They are trained to develop communication skills and teach techniques to ace the test. The team includes native and non native English speakers as well as Subject Matter Experts.
Join our free demo class today and experience the benefits of Edulyte’s Live Classes
If you are a student or a parent, get in touch with our counsellors through any of the means listed below –
- Call us on – +91 779 568 7953
- Email us – email@example.com
- Click on the Chat button (left bottom corner) on our website
- Facebook Messenger
The support team is available to help students find the perfect online classes conducted by our in demand and experienced tutors.