Term and Condition of use
Please read the policy, conditions, and process carefully as they will give you important information and guidelines about your rights and obligations as our customers.
UPDATED: 20 OCTOBER 2022
1. About the Website
(a) Welcome to edulyte.com, web portals or mobile applications (the Website‘).
(b) Scope (the ‘Services‘).
Marketplace Transactions: The Website facilitates interactions between:
- Learners or students (the ‘Receiver‘); and
- Tutors, experts, teachers, or partner tutoring organisations (the ‘Provider‘),
making it easier for the Receiver and the provider to locate, communicate, arrange payment, and deliver the services in a fast and secure manner.
- One-on-One tutoring services: a learner interacting with a tutor individually online using live video meeting, chat, email, or phone.
- Small group classes: tutoring services in groups (two or more learners).
- Software as a service (SaaS): non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to use our software and tools.
(c) The Website is operated by Eduventure Technologies Pty Ltd, “Edulyte” or “Company” (ACN 649 562 961). Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated products or Services, is provided by Edulyte. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms‘) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of its products or Services, immediately.
(d) Edulyte reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Edulyte updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates of the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of the Terms
You accept the Terms by registering for the Services and/or making any payment as required under the Terms for use of the Services. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where and if this option is made available to you by Edulyte in the user interface.
3. The Services
(a) In order to access the Services, both the Receiver and the Provider are required to register for an account through the Website (the ‘Account‘).
(b) As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- Email address
- username and profile photo
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Identity checks
- Educational backgrounds
- Professional experiences
- Any other details required to deliver services efficiently.
(c) You warrant that any information you give to Edulyte in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
(d) Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website (‘Member‘) and agree to be bound by the Terms.
(e) You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Edulyte; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
4. Your obligations as a Member
As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will not share login credentials with any other person;
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
i. the Terms; andyou have sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
ii. any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Edulyte of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- you must not expressly or impliedly impersonate another Member or use the profile or password of another Member at any time;
- any content that you broadcast, publish, upload, transmit, post or distribute on the Website (‘Your Content‘) will always be accurate, correct and up to date and you will maintain reasonable records of Your Content.
- you agree not to harass, impersonate, stalk, threaten another Member of the Website (where interaction with other Members is made available to you);
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Edulyte;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Edulyte for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
5. Using the Website as the Receiver
- Register on our website using email address
- Browse classes listed by tutors
- Select either one-on-one or a group class matching your requirements
- Make payment
- Join a session to receive services
6. Using the Website as the Provider
- Register and apply to become a tutor
- Submit your detailed profile including an introduction video
- Agree to abide by terms, tutor’s terms of service and community guidelines
- Attend a video call
- Update your schedule and price
- Create and publish your classes both one-on-one and group
- Deliver services promised in offered classes
- Get Paid in your nominated bank account
- By Edulyte offering the Services to you, you agree that:
(i) Edulyte appoints payment provider that manages and accepts payments using compliant payment gateways
(ii) Cash payment is not allowed
(iii) All the payments will be converted into wallet credits which are deposited into your digital wallet (“Wallet”), wallet is a custom designed application to store virtual credits facilitating hassle free transactions. The digital wallet is available to all the registered users to be used within Edulyte platform only.
(iv) Payments must be settled prior to a scheduled session(s), delivery of Services
- All payments made during your use of the Services are made using Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfers and Payment Gateways. In using the Website, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Credit Card and Payment Providers terms and conditions which are available on their website.
- Current Payment providers are Stripe, PayPal, Wise, AfterPay and Public Wallet Providers like google pay. Edulyte reserves the right to engage any other provider to facilitate safer and convenient transactions on the Edulyte platform.
8. Refund Policy
- Since Edulyte is a facilitator in introducing the Receiver to the Provider and providing a system to efficient transactions, Edulyte does not hold any liability to the Receiver directly and will not personally refund them any payments made in the use of Services.
- Notwithstanding the above clause, our detailed refunds policy is available on the website at https://www.edulyte.com/refund-and-cancellation/ If a Receiver is unsatisfied with the services provided by the Provider or believes that they may be entitled to a refund, then Edulyte requires the Receiver to:
(i) contact the Tutor directly to request a refund; and
(ii) Contact Edulyte via the Contact Us
- If contacted by a Receiver who is requesting a refund pursuant to the above clause, the Provider agrees that it will immediately:
(i) respond to the Receiver to resolve the query
(ii)share relevant details with Edulyte support team, if necessary for action.
- If the Provider agrees to a refund it is acknowledged that the Provider will instruct Edulyte to refund all or part of the payments made to the Receiver directly, less any fees and charges incurred by Edulyte in processing the refund.
- Both the Receiver and Provider agree that they will comply with the Refund Policy contained in this Clause of these Terms.
9. Cancellation Policy
This applies to Tutors, Learners and all Receivers of Services. Please read our policy on our website https://www.edulyte.com/refund-and-cancellation/
- Tutoring Services – cancellation by any party: You must give at least 24 hours’ notice to the other party.
- Tutoring Services – Cancellation by a tutor: Tutor must notify learner and offer to reschedule with a valid reason for cancellation. All cancellations by a tutor will be documented in tutors’ records. Repeated cancellations will attract penalty in the form of reduced teaching score, and/or termination of account.
- Tutoring Services – Cancellation by a learner: A learner may cancel a scheduled lesson by giving at least 24 hours’ notice without any extra charge. Cancellation charge will be applicable as per our refunds and cancellation policy for less than 24 hours’ notice.
- Tutoring Services – Cancellation after session time: The tutor gets paid after learner confirms completion of a session by login to their account or 24 hours after session whichever is earlier. Any problem/dispute after release of funds to tutor will require a resolution and agreement of both parties on any refunds. No refund is assured after tutor gets paid.
- A learner and a tutor may reschedule a lesson by mutual agreement as long as the lesson has not already been cancelled.
- Group classes and bundled packages have pre-defined schedules and it is not practical to cancel a session for an individual learner.
- Edulyte charges and collects in advance for use of the SaaS services. All subscriptions monthly, quarterly, and yearly (or any other periods) renew automatically on their due renewal date according to date of purchase until officially cancelled in writing. If you decide to cancel, we need 30 days’ notice in writing. Subscriptions paid for the unused period will be refunded into your wallet. The wallet balance must be used within Edulyte platform.
10. User Referral
- Referrer agrees, from time to time, to refer prospective users to Edulyte for the provision of Services that Edulyte may offer from time to time under its refer & earn or refer a friend program.
- Each referral will be an user who has not previously engaged Edulyte for the provision of services.
- Referrer is not obliged to refer any users (“Referred User“) to Edulyte and may enter into any other similar referral arrangement with other parties.
- Edulyte is not obliged to accept any users referred by Referrer and may enter into any other similar referral arrangement with other parties.
- Method of Referral: Every user is provided with a unique referral code and a unique referral link which can be shared with friends and family.
- Referral Fee is made available in user’s dashboard. Edulyte retains the right, at its complete discretion to alter or amend the Referral Fee.
- The Referral Fee Amount is due and payable by Edulyte to Referrer upon first paid lesson booked by the new referred user. All referral fees will be paid out in digital wallet to be used within the platform.
- Referrer, its employees, or agents must not represent, convey or in any way make out to be an agent, partner, representative, employee, contractor or affiliate of Edulyte.
- Neither party shall have any right, authority or permission to legally bind the other party to any contract, arrangement or obligation.
11. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Services and all of the related products of Edulyte are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Edulyte or its contributors.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Edulyte, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- Edulyte does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by Edulyte.
- Edulyte retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process), to you.
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Edulyte and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third-party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
- Where you broadcast, publish, upload, transmit, post or distribute Your Content on the Website, then you grant to Edulyte a non-exclusive, transferrable, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide licence to broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change Your Content.
13. Academic Integrity
Edulyte promotes honesty, trust, respect, and responsibility. You acknowledge and agree that you will not use the Edulyte platform for any form of cheating in your assignments or exams. You agree not to engage Tutors to complete your assignments at your school, academic institution, or work.
14. General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- Edulyte will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Edulyte make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of Edulyte) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of Edulyte; and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
- You acknowledge that Edulyte Website, apps and the Services are only intended to facilitate the interactions between the Receiver and the Provider and does not offer any services other than the Services and Edulyte holds no liability to you as a result of any conduct of the Members or the misuse of Your Content by any party (including other Members).
- Many factors influence academic performance of a learner. Factors included but not limited to Learner’s experience, time spent on studying, study habits, discipline, teaching methods, work ethics etc. Accordingly, you understand and acknowledge that use of Edulyte Platform does not guarantee an improvement in results or academic performance. Edulyte will not be responsible for any act or omission, dispute, action, claim or proceedings or loss or damage arising from a Learner’s academic results or performance.
15. Limitation of Liability
- Company’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that Edulyte, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- You acknowledge and agree that Edulyte holds no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you as a result of providing Your Content to the Website.
16. Termination of Contract
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by providing Edulyte with 7 days’ notice of your intention to terminate by sending notice of your intention to terminate to Edulyte via the ‘Contact Us’ link on our homepage.
- Edulyte may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Edulyte is required to do so by law;
- Edulyte is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to Members in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
- the provision of the Services to you by Edulyte is, in the opinion of Edulyte, no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, Edulyte reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Edulyte’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Edulyte have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
- You agree to indemnify Edulyte, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
(i) all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
(ii)any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
(iii) any breach of the Terms.
18. Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute‘) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice (‘Notice‘) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties‘) must:
- Within 30 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 90 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the mediation body Office of the South Australian Small Business Commissioner or his or her nominee.
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in South Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- Termination of Mediation:
If 90 days have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
19. Venue and Jurisdiction
In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of South Australia, Australia.
20. Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of South Australia, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of South Australia, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
21. Independent Legal Advice
Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed, and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.