The ICAI exam or the CA Exam is the set of exams a candidate has to write and clear in order to be a Chartered Accountant. The exam is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). There are different levels in the exam and it is mandatory to clear all of them to hold the designation of a CA.
To pass the exams a candidate should have good analytical, problem-solving, and reasoning skills. A sharp quantitative ability along with effective communications quality makes a good CA. It is a lucrative profession and in demand in the market. In fact, the need for good Chartered Accountants is steadily rising and thus there are many opportunities available for those who pass all the Levels.
The duration of the course is nearly 5 years but it can easily take more time to be completed as the course is challenging and demanding.
The Level of CA Exam are:
- CA Foundation Course
- CA Intermediate
- CA Final
Eligibility for attempting the CA Exam:
- Any student who has passed Class 12 or its equivalent can apply for CA Foundation and appear for the exam.
- There is no upper age limit for attempting the exam.
- The students have to qualify their Class 12 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Post this, one has to clear all the Papers to attempt the next level.
- For Direct Entry route: Commerce Graduates/Post-Graduates (55%) or Other Graduates/Post-Graduates (60%) can enroll with the ICAI for Intermediate Course.
- commerce graduate and post-graduate candidates, an aggregate of 50% is required for CA Inter exam. For a non-commerce student, the aggregate has to be 60%.
- For CA Final Exam, one has to clear the previous Levels. A candidate must have successfully undergone 4 weeks of Advanced Integrated Course on IT and Soft Skills. A candidate must also complete practical training for 2.5 years under a practicing CA.
The important details about the ICAI exam are shown below:
|No. of times exam is held||Twice in a year: May/ June and November|
|Types of Questions||Subjective / Objective|
|Exam Duration||Depends on the Level|
|Medium of Exam||English/ Hindi|
The 2021 dates of CA examination have been announced and the exam commences from May 2021. While every CA aspirant would be brushing up the knowledge required to excel in the exams, a Level wise syllabus has been curated to help with the details a candidate will be tested for at each level.
CA Foundation Syllabus
|Principles and Practices of Accounting|
Business Law & Business Correspondence & Reporting
Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics
Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge
Part A: Business LawBusiness
Part B:Correspondence & Reporting
Part I: Business Mathematics & Logical Reasoning
Part II: StatisticsPart I: Business Economics
Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge
- 3 hours are allotted for each paper
- Negative Marking is done for Paper 3 and Paper 4: ¼ th of the mark
CA Inter Exam Syllabus 2021
Corporate Laws & Other Laws
Cost and Management Accounting
Auditing & Assurance
Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management
Financial Management & Economics for Finance
Part I: Corporate Laws
Part II: Other Laws
Section A: Income Tax Laws
Section B: Indirect tax Laws
Section A: Enterprise Information System
Section B: Strategic Management
Section A: Financial Management
Section B: Economics for Finance
- Each paper is of 100 marks.
- An aggregate 50 % marks is required as per CA Intermediate New pattern.
- No negative marking in 2021.
CA Final Syllabus June 2021
| ||Financial Reporting|
Strategic Financial Management
Advanced Auditing & Professional Ethics
Corporate Laws & Other Economic Laws
Strategic Cost Management & Performance Evaluation
Direct Tax Laws
Advanced Indirect Tax Laws
Part I: Direct tax Laws
Part II: International Taxation
- Each paper is of 100 marks
- Each paper is for three hours.
- No negative marking
It is a combination of sheer grit, determination, hard work, and able guidance which helps a candidate clear all the papers and achieve a good result in CA exams leading to a great career. Edulyte ensures that not only you learn from the best tutors in the CA field through our Live Classes but also master the techniques to score well. Time management and development of analytical skills are the core of Eduylte’s sessions. And all this is combined with the latest tech tools in learning.
Why don’t you Join today for a free demo class and find out the benefits of our Live Classes?
Call +91 779 568 7953
Click to Submit a ticket
Send an email to email@example.com
Click on the Chat button (left bottom corner) on our website
The support team is available to help students find the perfect online classes conducted by top tutors.