Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is considered as the recruitment body which was eventually started with the aim to add on the encouragement of the placement along with recruitment in the public sector.
What is IBPS PO?
The Bank Probationary Officer is a managerial level post that is placed in public sector banks of India. IBPS post help in adding up to the designation of the Assistant Manager in banks of the public sector. For availing of such a post, the SBI PO exam is conducted.
IBPS PO Recruitment helps to recruit the candidates for the post of an officer or the Management Trainee in certain sectors of public banks like:
- Oriental Bank of Commerce and Corporation Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
Before you are thinking to apply for the exam, make sure that your eligibility criteria match the age limit along with the educational qualification. The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria in case they are willing to apply for such a post.
Nationality/Citizenship: The candidate is interested in the post is suggested to be a citizen of India or can be related to Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan. Even the refugee who has settled after 1962 January in India or the migrant from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, zaire along Vietnam can apply as well.
Age Limit: The minimum age which is set for the exam is 20 years, but the maximum age which is set for the exam is 30 years from the date of 1 August 2020.
- SC or ST: The relaxation is of 5 years
- OBC: The relaxation is of 3 years
- A person with disability: Around 10 years of relaxation.
- The ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir from 1980 January till 1989 December: 5 years
- The people hit with 1984 riots: 5 years.
The person who is thinking to apply for IBPS must have completed graduation from the known university. The candidate is suggested to indicate the percentage that a degree of graduation at the time of registration for IBPS. The mark sheet needs to be authentic or the degree certificate for the validation of graduation.
Prelim Syllabus: The exam Preliminary section is rounded with a different pattern. The candidates who clear preliminary are eligible to appear in the main exam. There are major three major sections reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and English language.
- English language: Reading comprehension, Cloze Test, Para Jumbles, Miscellaneous, fill in the blanks, multiple-meaning, paragraph completion.
- Quantitative Ability Syllabus: Simplification, Profit and loss, Mixtures & Allegations, Data Interpretation, Number Systems, Permutation, Combination &Probability, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere.
- Reasoning syllabus: Alphanumeric Series, Data Sufficiency, Coded Inequalities, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding.
Main exam syllabus: The main exam is considered the most crucial part of the IBPS PO and which is why keeping an eye on the right set of books is important. The final weightage is provided after the final exam is over.
The main exam carries up with 4+1 sections: Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Quantitative, Aptitude & General Awareness.
Moreover, it is a descriptive paper and that is why going through a complete book detailing is a must.
- Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus: Ratio and Percentage, Mensuration and Geometry, Profit and Loss, Speed, Distance and Time, Permutation and Combination, Mixture and Allegations.
- General Awareness Syllabus: Static Awareness, Financial Awareness.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude Syllabus: Verbal Reasoning, Double Lineup, Directions and Distances, Coding and Decoding,
- English Language Syllabus: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Vocabulary, Grammar.
The IBPS PO is completed in three phases: Prelims, Mains & Interview. The candidates who have cleared the prelim exam can be called up for the IBPS PO mains which at times take place in the month of November. At the end when the candidate’s clear prelims along with mains can be called for the round of interview. The performance of the interview is going to decide whether one will be getting the post or not.
Prelims exam pattern
There are around 100 MCQ which add up to 3 different sections- English language, Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude. The questions are of 1 marks each. Moreover, there will be a bilingual language English and Hindi.
Main exam pattern
A total of around 155 MCQ are piled with 4 different sections along with 2 descriptive questions that will be asked in the English language.
The 4 sections are: Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language, and Data Analysis & Interpretation.
The candidates that qualify for the main exam will be called for an interview. The interview process carries around 100 marks out of which the minimum qualification can be taken up for 40 %. The candidates who are SC/ST/OBC/PWD can be reduced up to 35%.
For the post of probationary officer, the cumulative scores will be taken care of. The interview process along with the Main Exam can be considered together for the ideal selection.
Negative marking is done on every wrong answer. For one-fourth, the wrong question 1 mark is deducted.
Note: The exam structure along with the right set of patter is used so as to modify the alternative. One can even visit the official website ibps.in in case you want to know more.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website and click on the new registration link.
- For adding up in IBPS registration you need to enter the name, phone number along with email address, and security code.
- For adding up with successful registration the passwords are generated
- Note the provisional registration number along with the password.
- The data which is entered in the site will not be changed.
How to Prepare
For the preparation of IBPS, all you need to do is set the right time, as it will help in getting the required support. Going through different and important assistance which is offered online can make a great difference. Even different mock tests can help in boosting the information accordingly. While prepping for IBPS, every minute is valuable, and wasting time is no less than a crime. This is where Edulyte’s best online coaching for such exams comes into the picture as with us, you can save the time spent commuting and study within the confines of your home.
Learning lessons, study tips, career guides and much more!